this blog displays simple and limited Google ads.
to support FascinationEarth, please disable your ad blocking program and refresh the page.
thank you

Eye Of The Storm


I admit that I'm an avid sky watcher, but I have never witnessed a sky quite like the one that emerged between the rain bands of Hurricane Frances, on September 3, 2004.  It's as if, because I had pointed the camera, God said "cheeese".  


We had barely made a dent in cleaning up the damage left behind by Charley's dangerous winds, when Frances came along with her torrential rains.


The sun was setting behind those dull gray clouds, hidden from view, until the outstretched arms of the hurricane swept by, revealing streaks of color as bright and vivid as I've ever seen them.


And I've never seen anything quite like it since.

10 comments:

  1. Really neat shots, love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing color...I've never seen skies like these before, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful but bodes of an incoming danger...do have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiery shots!

    Hope you can come and take a look at my Skywatch post. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really was stunning. I've still never seen a sky quite like it.

      Delete
  6. Lovely colors and beautiful sky captures! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting the Blog! Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!